What Should THEY Teach In School
OK.. well all know the proverbial THEY. Well..lets give them some feedback from folks that are already out there in life..trying to survive.
What i wish i was taught in school:
- Relaxation - How to deal with the Rat race "out there"
- Hatha Yoga - How to concentrate and calm the Monkey Mind studying for a test, pre/post-argument, dissipate anxiety, regulate and enhance multi-bio-systemic functionality
- Meditation - How to self realize
- Verbal Self Defense - How to deal with employers, abusive family members and emotionally messed up people along your path in life
- Speed reading - To use your potential in a constructive manner
- How to balanace a check book - The most practical mathematics you can learn
- How to get good at picking up new skills - Self-Explanatory
- Emergency Medical Procedure - How to save a life
- Logic and Left Brain exercises
- More comprehensive ways of Expression through Artistic means
- How to use power tools
- Cradle2Cradle - A new way to design products and percieve the industrial world
- Survival Skills like Bow Drills and Debris Huts etc... - to increase intelligence and consiousness about the Illusion of Security and to feel more at home in the Wild if and when one is stranded in it. As a by-product of learning these skill the awareness a reverence for nature is born, almost always.
- How to measure and value our successes - academic or in the ‘real world’ - without the use of external, artificial standards such as grades or pay check size.
- How to ask smart questions.
- How to accept the own body as beautiful (or How to stop feeling under pressure by society's beauty ideals; esp. for the women out there)
- How to say NO (AKA, Set Boundries)
have any more you want to add..please do..