To make your own local mp3-database, baed on mysql ,with a browser frontend, check out MysqlMp3:
made by SteveKemp ,author and maintainer of the GNUMP3d.
This handles most of the important steps:
* Indexing an MP3 collection to a database * Allowing browsing and streaming * Statistics collection * Searching for music
To use this software you will need an MySQL database server, upon the same host as your MP3s.
You will also need a working Perl installation, with the following two additional modules installed:
* DBI - A database abstraction layer. * HTML::Template - A templating system.
Upon a Debian system these can be installed by running the following commands as root:
apt-get update apt-get install libdbi-perl apt-get install libhtml-template-perl
How It Works
The software is in two parts:
* An indexer which scans a directory recursively looking for media content and inserting it into a database * A deamon which runs and listens upon a network port, answering requests with information stored in the database which the indexer inserted.
- mysql-table http://www.steve.org.uk/Software/mysql-mp3/tables.sql
- scripts http://www.steve.org.uk/Software/mysql-mp3/mysql-mp3-0.4.tar.gz
Works fine for me right away, just followed the instructions. --mutante