Revision as of 09:25, 11 February 2006 by Mutante
Another word for God
Used heavily by Buckminister Fuller
The place we Humans exist in, and some of us think we are the only ones around.
- "If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
- -- C.S. Lewis (British Scholar and Novelist. 1898-1963)
- "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."
- -- Oprah Winfrey (American television personality,Actress and Producer, b.1954)
- "There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
- "The reason why the universe is eternal is that it does not live for itself; it gives life to others as it transforms"
- -- Lao Tzu (Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, wrote "Tao Te Ching" (also "The Book of the Way"). 600 BC-531 BC)
- "Everything is perfect in the universe - even your desire to improve it."
- -- Wayne Dyer (American motivational Speaker and Author of self-help best selling books. b.1940)
- "The universe, they said, depended for its operation on the balance of four forces which they identified as charm, persuasion, uncertainty and bloody-mindedness."
- -- Terry Pratchett
- "It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
- -- Dr. Carl Sagan (American Astronomer, Writer and Scientist, 1934-1996)
- "Black holes are where God divided by zero."
- -- Bill Watterson (from "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strip)
- "The universe is asymmetric and I am persuaded that life, as it is known to us,is a direct result of the asymmetry of the universe or of its indirect consequences. The universe is asymmetric.
- -- Louis Pasteur
- "The most beautiful things in the universe are the starry heavens above us and the feeling of duty within us."
- -- Indian Proverb
- "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."
- "The universe seems bankrupt as soon as we begin to discuss the characters of individuals."
- -- Henry David Thoreau
- "In some sense man is a microcosm of the universe; therefore what man is, is a clue to the universe. We are enfolded in the universe."
- -- David Bohm
also see: History of the universe