Money is an agreement
Money is an agreement. Agreements can be thought about and revocated. If you and I agree on whatever to be our currency - like for example a global virtual currency Terra (instead of Dollar, Euro, Yen, ...) -, then we create money. It is real. It is just as real as Dollars, Euros, Yen, ..., maybe even more real. And the more join in the more real it gets. It's pretty much like free software actually. It is possible. MattisManzel 10:40, 20 Aug 2005 (CEST):
Money is an agreement within a community, to use something as a medium of exchange, which acts as an intermediary market good. It can be traded and exchanged for other goods. The agreement can either be explicit or implicit, freely chosen, or coerced. Money is an abstract form of power. ()
Very informative about the "current" monetary system are the videos free on the internet
(duration is 3 1/2 hours!)
Who else than us, the geeks, is ever going to solve this "problem", who else is going to cure this disease, this "global manmade plage" as who else than us has the means to do so?
See also the eTerra-wiki
- Money: A psychological creation; a concept; the mental image of that which is used as a medium of exchange.
- Monetization: The act of creating and introducing currency into circulation through debt.
- Legal-tender: Default medium of exchange; forced use of a government specified medium of exchange when parties to a mercantile transaction fail to specify a specific medium of exchange. ()
- Capitalism: An economic system built upon the profit motive. Capitalism depends upon private individuals or companies investing money in order to make profits. In Marxist analysis, these profits are secured by exploiting workers who provide their labour. ()
"Jesus was so upset by the sight of the money changers in the temple, he waded in and started to tip over the tables and drive them out with a whip, this being the one and only time we ever hear of him using force during his entire ministry." ()
Other meanings / Money in Music
- Money is a Time Warner financial magazine.
- "Money" is a KMFDM single, which preceded their fifth album, Money, in 1991.
- Money is the 5th song on Pink Floyd's famous album The Dark Side of the Moon, and was written by Roger Waters. It is the only song on the album to hit #1 in the United States charts.
"Your weakness is money in their bank."
"Money is truthful. When a man speaks of honor, make him pay cash."
"We don't morally censure you. We just want the money."
"Money can't buy happiness, but poverty can't buy ANYTHING."
all from Discordian Quotes